Connect with the consumer through lifestyle relevant promotion
Country Music State Fair & Festival Tour
Regained Share leadership + 1.5 million Value added (free) Media
Connect with primary consumer base through lifestyle relevant promotion – Country Music Tour
The client in the Manufactured Housing category was running high-concept inspirational messaging that was not resonating with consumers. Promotions consisted of spa tub and baby grand piano giveaways.
- Consumer research confirmed that most consumers were NASCAR and Country Music Fans
- The entire category was in sales decline and the client needed to increase sales and grow share.
- Sponsor a Country Music Fair & Festival Tour
- Create a 360° marketing plan to increase brand exposure, by tapping into a unifying element among its potential customer base: country music.
- Signed 2-time Entertainer of the Year
- Employed a variety of at-concert signage and putting the singer on all P-O-P materials.
- A chance to win a private concert
- At concert venues, ticket holders received souvenir game pieces driving them to retailers to see if they’d won prizes.
- Custom artist CD + Entry forms for a second chance sweepstake were inserted into artist CD release.
- 2 TV spots, radio spots, with local donuts, and national and local PR campaigns
- Winner of 2 Reggie awards
- Increased consumer awareness scores 20 pts
- $1.5 million value-added (free) media
- Doubled orders from retailers
- Tripled calls to the 800 number
- Regained share leadership
- Country Music Fair and Festival Tour Sponsorship
- Homes displayed at fairs
- Special CD + song written for promotion
- Collateral, Direct Mail, Word-of-Mouth Referral Campaign
- TV, radio, ads, PR kit, and collateral to support the event(s).
Experience & Creative Process
Through primary consumer research and listening sessions, we intentionally repositioned the brand to be completely aligned with the consumer. Moved from aspirational and perhaps unattainable perfection to a happy-go-lucky, best-friend | trusted advisor positioning with a humorous twist. In other words, based on consumer feedback and learning we stopped taking ourselves so seriously and connected with consumers on a more “gritty” reality basis. Leveraged consumer preferences for country music and NASCAR to connect more deeply with the consumer.
Through this proprietary process, we are able to dive deep into the challenge and find unique solutions to enhance the consumer experience.
Through cultural training and hands-on experiences with the product – sales, manufacturing, and service – we were able to solve common problems with both the product and the sales process.
Reduced Agency Redundancy
Multiple creative agencies had been engaged to handle different aspects of marketing. Consolidated all marketing efforts to one agency supported by in-house expert staff.
Reduced Marketing Spend by 20%
By reducing the number of agencies involved and using small boutique firms as required for commercial production we were able to save more than 20% of the marketing budget.
Listen & Learn
Market Research & Customer Feedback
We conducted qualitative and quantitative shopper experience primary research to understand what feature consumers wanted in the product. Then built a product to match their needs and desires.
Country Music Fair & Festival Tour
By understanding the consumer at a level unparalleled in the industry we were able to reach the consumer on an entirely different level, allowing us to create the most profitable promotion in the company’s history.
Changed messaging to speak to the consumer on their terms. Moved from high-concept inspirational to humorous with a strong call to action message.
Through the experience design process, we helped the brand find a unique voice. The brand story was rooted in the past and the founder understood the consumer but after years of hiring people that had no experience with the product the company had lost its authenticity.
We found it.
Experience & Marketing Process
Listen & Learn
Fact from Fiction
Intentional Operational & Marketing Theme
Inspect, Measure & Refine
This was a very different approach for us and to be honest, if we hadn’t trusted Kelly so much we probably would not have tried this concept. The program was so successful we ran it 2 years in a row. Truly amazing!
Pretty pictures are great but what really matters is the results. The client was able to regain share leadership, increased consumer awareness scores 20 pts, doubled orders from retailers, tripled lead calls to the 800 number.
- Received $1.5 million value-added (free) media
- Won 2 Reggie awards
- Increased orders – doubled
- Leads – tripled
- Consumer Awareness + 20 points
Let’s create something extraordinary!