Outdoor Lifestyle Brands – Online Marketing + Strategic Leadership
Create continuity for a collection of outdoor lifestyle brands and industry partners.
+ 200% Revenue from Rebrand + Reimagining the Revenue Model
- Primary business was a SAAS reservation system built Client owned a collection of consumer domain names, including camping.com, RVSales.com, Campgrounds.com, RVparks.com, KidsCamping.
- Create multiple points of distribution for online reservations and RV re-sales, to increase value to reservation clients and partners and increase the number of reservation clients.
- Business concept was hard to explain – every brand/product went to market with its own voice & message.
- No set of common goals and objectives.
- Consumer and B-to-B web properties were impossible for non-technical staff to manage and maintain.
- Create an umbrella brand with a family approach to consumer and b-to-b brands to simplify messaging.
- Establish corporate goals and insured that all initiatives helped the company reach one or more of them.
- Create related but unique identities for primary consumer brands and a series of micro-brands.
- Deploy a series of micro-sites to increase reservation revenue and consumer loyalty.
- Build all web properties on an easy to use technology infrastructure and empower non-technical staff to manage and maintain sites.
- 200% + increase in revenue for consumer brands
- B-to-B results – sales doubled, with higher revenue clients
- 80% of leads are inbound vs the old paradigm of 80% cold calling.
- Single “family of brands” brochure makes it easy to explain the business proposition.
- Decreased operating costs by 50% by focusing on one set of common goals and objectives.
- Rebrand – Created Corporate ID with a constellation of brands with new ID packages to create continuity.
- Upscale brand ID changed prospect perception from “mom & pop” start-up operation to “trusted advisor” status.
- Collateral, Direct Mail, Word-of-Mouth Referral Campaign
- TV, radio, ads, PR kit, and collateral to support the event(s).
Experience & Creative Process
Through this proprietary process, we are able to dive deep into the challenge and find unique solutions to enhance the consumer experience.
Shifted focus from pure technology to outdoors and recreation lifestyle. From the ground up we reworked the brand portfolio to create a cohesive collection of brands that supported each other.
Through the experience design process, we helped the brand find a unique voice. The brand story had been lost in the tangle of technology. Working with the founder and a small group of industry leaders we were able to untangle the technology from the true brand voice of trusted guide and camp host.
Through cultural training and hands-on experiences with the product – sales, manufacturing, and service – we able to solve common problems with both the product and the sales process. The China-based development team had no experience with camping or outdoor recreation. Leading to features being lost in translation that resulted in the loss of authenticity and trusted advisor roles. We helped the teams communicate more effectively and brought the lead developer to the US for a camping and outdoor recreation experience—then he understood the “whys” of what he was building.
Listen & Learn
We created a virtual industry advisory board made up of campground operators, outdoor recreation outfitters, RV industry executives, and outdoor consumers to gather feedback and insight on everything from functionality to content strategy and brand positioning.
Experience & Marketing Process
Listen & Learn
Fact from Fiction
Intentional Operational & Marketing Theme
Inspect, Measure & Refine
Let’s create something extraordinary!